Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

It seems a bit strange to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Easter all within the same week. I don't remember Easter falling so early.

The Easter Bunny has arrived at our home complete with loads of brightly colored eggs. At the moment, I'm cooking omelettes for the family along with some pork sausages for breakfast. For Easter dinner I'm going to cook a ham, asparagus, potato salad, and buns. It's nothing exotic by any means. It's rather simple and traditional.

Quite frankly, it's too beautiful outside to stay inside the house cooking. I'm going to go out and enjoy it. We have a new addition to our family -- a yellow lab puppy!!! She's so adorable:)

Tomorrow's cooking blog will address what to do with all the left over ham, and how to use up all those easter eggs.

1 comment:

CG said...

Happy Easter to you too. It sounds like you had a great weekend. It was very chilly and wintry here in the UK this easter. I've hardly done any cooking either!