Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Egg Salad

What would the week after Easter be without egg salad sandwiches? I will make egg salad sandwiches throughout the year because we like them in our house. Again, I wish I could pinpoint an exact unit of measurement when posting recipes, because over the years I've pretty much ditched any formal measuring. When it comes to cooking and adding flavorings, there really is no wrong answer. It all comes down to what your individual palates like. I can only give a general guideline.

Egg Salad:
6-8 hard boiled eggs chopped
about 3/4 cup mayonaise
about 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
about 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
about 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
about 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
about 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickle
about 2 tablespoons pickle juice
a little squirt of mustard (about a 1/2 teaspoon)
a little dash of Worscheschtire sauce (someday I hope to learn how to spell it correctly)
salt and pepper to taste

The consistency shouldn't be too goupie, nor too runny. If it's too runny, add another couple of eggs. If it's too goupie, add more mayo and pickle juice.

Mix it all together the night before and let the flavors meld overnight.

When ready to use, bring out some sourdough sandwich rolls and slice in half. Scoop out some of the middle excess bread to create a nice nest the egg salad (no pun intended) can sit in. Drizzle a little olive oil on the sourdough and toast in your toaster oven.

When done toasting, spread on the egg salad and top with freshly sliced tomato (if you like tomato) and lettuce. LUNCH!!!!!! YUMMMMMM


1 comment:

CG said...

My mouth was watering. (Worcestershire Sauce):) I am the only one who likes egg sandwiches in our house and I am not allowed to eat them as they make me...erm...not nice to be near? LOL

You are the sandwich First Lady.