Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hamburgers

Another family favorite is the good ol' hamburger. I like to buy meat in large quantities, then bring it home and separate it into family-sized portions. Here's what I do for hamburgers:

Purchase the largest package of good quality hamburger you can find on sale;
Bring it home and dump it into a large bowl;
add a couple of eggs (to act as a binder);
toss in some seasonings (I like Pappy's seasoning);

Make hamburger patties until you turn blue in the face. *Note: Do not over mix or overwork the meat -- it will make it tough. Freeze the patties separated by waxed paper in gallon sized zip lock bags. I will also toss in the bag some cheese slices as well to freeze with the burgers -- that way you'll know you have cheese on hand to put on top of the burgers and you won't be scrounging about in the frige muttering to yourself, "I could have sworn I had some cheese in here that I could use for the burgers."

Save yourself the time and frustration. Package together everything so all you have to do is grab one thing out of the freezer and be on auto pilot. This goes for buns as well as condiments.

Now.... you have ready made hamburgers at your command that are ready when you are. Just grill and eat.

1 comment:

CG said...

I swear I will do this ready for BBQ season!