Friday, May 16, 2008

Killer Spinach Salad

Tomorrow night we are invited to a BBQ party/ classic car show. I'm very excited as I will get to see some old friends I have not seen in a while, and get an opportunity to make some new ones. The weather here in Sonoma County, California has been HOT. I want to bring something to the BBQ that isn't too heavy, so I thought I would bring spinach salad

Spinach Salad

1 pound bag (appx) fresh spinach
6 slices of crisply cooked bacon
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 can sliced water chestnuts

Dressing:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 tarragon vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons Worchestire sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup

Mix dressing together, shake vigorously, and set aside

Place spinach in large bowl. Top with remaining ingredients. About 5 minutes prior to serving, pour about 2/3 of the dressing over and gently toss. Spinach will shrink down so be careful not to overdress. You can always add more dressing, but can't take it out

No comments: