Thursday, May 29, 2008

Frantic Fajitas

It was a late one tonight. We didn't get home until about 9:00 PM. Of course, everybody was hungry. What to toss together quickly? hmmmmmmmm After a quick review of what I had on hand, the answer was frantic fajitas. I had some leftover tri tip steak in the frige, and I had some flour tortillas as well.

FRANTIC FAJITAS
Cut up leftover trip tip steak into strips (or use chicken or pork if that's what you have)
1 bag (appx 12-16 oz)of frozen bell pepper strips
1/2 large onion sliced
taco seasoning mix
canola oil
flour tortillias
shredded cheese
sour cream

Heat about 2 tablespoons oil on medium high heat into large fry pan. Add frozen bell pepper strips. Stir fry until unfrozen. Add onion and appx 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix. Stir fry until vegetables just begin to caramelize. Add meat and mix together. Turn off heat.

Take your flour tortilla and nuke for a few seconds until warm. Add fajita mixture and top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Wrap up and enjoy!

Try to keep your pantry and freezer supplied with essentials. I try to keep frozen vegetables on hand. You won't believe how handy they are. I also try to keep my spice rack filled with my "must haves." The point is that by having some items on hand in the freezer and pantry, tossing together meals is a lot easier. Remember, practice makes perfect.

No comments: