Saturday, February 9, 2008

Organization is Key

I was watching a popular afternoon talk show earlier this week, and it featured this man who says that clutter actually makes you fat. He visited a family who struggles with organization and too much stuff. He went on to say that the kitchen is the most important room in the house. He went into the cupboards and drawers and literally threw everything OUT!

I guess my point is that LESS is MORE and he repeated my mantra that if things are not easily accessible to you in your kitchen, you're going to dread cooking. You do NOT need a lot of kitchen gadgets. Most of it is clutter. Think quality, not quantity. I'm not a big fan of kitchen gadgets. Plain ol' sharp knives work best. Plus, I find that kitchen gadgets are difficult to clean and store.

1 comment:

CG said...

good point. I must say how much I love my slow cooker, my rice cooker and my bread maker :)