Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Salame Roll-Ups

It's Christmas party season, and we have been invited to several of them. Lately there has been an overabundant appearance of variations of bean dips on the buffet table. I have a bean dip recipe I use as a go-to for parties. Walking in with my bean dip seeing 6 of them already there made me realize I needed to change gears. I have an easy go-to appetizer using salame and cream cheese to bring and share and it is always a hit. Most of the time I solicit the help of one of the kids to do it for me.

Salame/Cream Cheese Roll-Ups:
Good quality salame (about 3/4 pound or so)
1-2 eight oz. packages of cream cheese softened to room temperature
about 3 pickles sliced match stick style.

Smear a thin layer of cream cheese on salame, place a pickle match stick on it, and roll up. That's as complicated as it gets, folks.

I know posting this so close to Christmas seems useless, but think of the next wave of parties you could bring this to like New Year's parties, and also Super Bowl parties.

No comments: