Saturday, August 2, 2008

Corn on the Cob

Another summertime staple around here is corn on the cob. My hubby grows it in our back yard. It's also readily available at the supermarkets this time of year. However, there is no taste comparison for fresh. Everybody loves it, it's easy to prepare, and it goes with just about any summer meal/BBQ you could imagine.

Last year, when our English friends were visiting, I was preparing corn on the cob in the kitchen. The cobs were quite large, so I simply snapped them in half. CG looked at me in an astonished manner as she tried to half corn on the cob with a knife. It's like sawing a tough log! It was one of those slap-your-hand-on-your-forehead-why-didn't-I-think-of-that-before kind of moments.
The point is that I think of CG every time I snap a corn cob in half.

Here's how I prepare my corn on the cob:

Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add a few pinches of salt and about 1/3 cup of milk.
Add corn cobs and gently boil for about 10 minutes.

That's it.
Simple is good.

1 comment:

CG said...

You add milk LOL I forgot that!! I think of you everytime I snap a cob in half!!!